This is another of the street foods which is finding its rightful place in decent Restaurants both in India and the true Indian places in London. Though the recipe for most tikka style food is similar but I think the bone in the chops gives that added marrow flavour to the meat. I cook this dish in an oven but it can equally be done over a BBQ or a griddle.
- 1/2 kg Lamb chops prick the meat.
- 150 gms Yogurt
- 2 tsf Garlic paste
- 2 tsf crushed Coriander seeds
- 1 tsf Garam Masala
- 1 tsf Salt (to taste)
- 2 Green Chillies finely chopped
- 1 medium Onion finely chopped
- 1 medium Onion sliced
- 4 whole Garlic pods
- 2 tbsf Oil
- Handful of fresh Coriander chopped
- In a large bowl mix garlic, onion, green chilli, crushed coriander, garam masala and salt with the yogurt.
- Add the lamb pieces and rub the marinade thoroughly and leave it in the fridge for at least 3-4 hours.
- On an oven tray lay the chops in a single row.
- Add the sliced onion and whole garlic around in the tray.
- Put any left over marinade evenly and spray or brush the chops with oil.
- Cover the tray with foil.
- Put the tray of chops in a pre-heated oven at 190⁰ C. Cook for 45-60 minutes or till the chops are done. Need to turn a couple of times.
Serve as starters
Can be done over the BBQ time would vary.