Once again this is another dish for vegetarian and non onion and garlic eating menu. It is simple and when one is making several dishes his is a good one to add. It tastes wonderful.
- One medium sized lauki (marrow) peeled and cut in small size pieces
- 1 tbsf Oil
- 1 tsf Cumin (Jeera) seeds
- 2-3 whole dried red chillies (to taste)
- 1 pinch of Asafetida (Hing)
- ½ tsf Salt (adjust to taste)
- In a wok heat the oil, when it is hot add a pinch of Asafetida.
- As soon the asafetida starts to sizzle add cumin seeds and crushed whole red chillis.
- As soon the cumin and chilli become brown add the cut lauki and salt.
- Give it a good stir and add half a cup of water. Cover the wok and lower the heat and let it cook for approximately 10 minutes or till the lauki is cooked.