- ½ Kg Carrots
- Pinch of Hing (Asafoetida)
- 1 Dried Red Chilli
- 1 ¼ tsf Salt
- ¼ tsf Chilli powder
- ½ tsf Haldi (Turmeric)
- 1 Bunch of Fresh Methi (Fenugreek)
- 3 tbsf Oil
- Pick the leaves off the methi (if you are lazy like me soak the dry methi, approx 1 cup full) and wash off any dust.
- Peel and cut the carrots in to small pieces, perhaps the size of king prawns (if you want to tease people that it is really a prawn dish .
- In a wok heat the oil over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot put the hing which will start to sizzle straight away.
- Break the dried chilli into 2-3 pieces and add it to the oil, wait till the chilli has browned.
- Add haldi and chilli powder and cook it for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the carrots and slightly fry these may be for 5 minutes.
- Add the washed methi leaves, mix well.
- Add the salt. Lower the lid and cook till the carrots are soft. You may need to stir a few times ensuring the carrots don’t catch at the bottom.