Thursday 7 February 2013

Prawn Curry in Almond Sauce


Prawn Curry in Almond Sauce

If you want to impress someone and don’t really want to slave over the cooker for hours then this is the dish to make. I was introduced to this by my Badminton friend. I  believe he often has afternoon when he is not working and on one such I got a call from him. I had not seen him for some time so we were having our catch up chat when he casually asked me if I was free, which as it happened I was, so he asked me to come over for some lunch and added that he will cook something. I suggested that all this may take a long time and suggested having some sandwiches. But he promised me that by the time I reach his place the curry would be ready, and so it was!

I am having some guests and I needed certain dishes which I could make easily and quickly, so what better dish than Prawns, I will let you know how it went down with my friends.

Ingredients:

  • 500 gms raw peeled Prawns.
  • 3 tbsf of oil
  • 2-3 medium sized Tomatoes
  • 100 gms of Almond crushed
  • 1 medium sized Onion
  • 3 Garlic cloves
  • 1-2 green Chillies
  • 1 inch Ginger
  • ½ tsf Chilli powder
  • ¼ tsf Turmeric powder
  • 1 tsf Coriander powder
  • ½ tsf Salt
  • 1 tsf Garam masala
  • 25o mls of Milk

Method:

  1. In a heavy frying pan with a cover heat the oil.
  2. Add chopped onion and fry till they are very slightly golden colour (not brown).
  3. Add the green chilli cut length wise, grated ginger and finely chopped garlic and lightly fry these.
  4. Now add the powdered almonds and mix well
  5. Add the spices i.e., Turmeric, Coriander, Chilli powders, salt and Garam Masala and stir for 3-4 minutes.
  6. Now add the milk let it just come up to the boil. 
  7. Add chopped tomatoes and mix well, bring it to a boil.
  8. Lastly, add the prawns and cover the pan and cook for 5-10 minutes.
  9. Garnish with chopped fresh coriander and serve.
Warning: Please remember that this dish contains nuts, therefore it is not suitable for people with nut allergy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment