Prawn Curry in Almond Sauce
If you want to impress someone and don’t really want to slave over the cooker for hours then this is the dish to make. I was introduced to this by my Badminton friend. I believe he often has afternoon when he is not working and on one such I got a call from him. I had not seen him for some time so we were having our catch up chat when he casually asked me if I was free, which as it happened I was, so he asked me to come over for some lunch and added that he will cook something. I suggested that all this may take a long time and suggested having some sandwiches. But he promised me that by the time I reach his place the curry would be ready, and so it was!
I am having some guests and I needed certain dishes which I could make easily and quickly, so what better dish than Prawns, I will let you know how it went down with my friends.
- 500 gms raw peeled Prawns.
- 3 tbsf of oil
- 2-3 medium sized Tomatoes
- 100 gms of Almond crushed
- 1 medium sized Onion
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 1-2 green Chillies
- 1 inch Ginger
- ½ tsf Chilli powder
- ¼ tsf Turmeric powder
- 1 tsf Coriander powder
- ½ tsf Salt
- 1 tsf Garam masala
- 25o mls of Milk
- In a heavy frying pan with a cover heat the oil.
- Add chopped onion and fry till they are very slightly golden colour (not brown).
- Add the green chilli cut length wise, grated ginger and finely chopped garlic and lightly fry these.
- Now add the powdered almonds and mix well
- Add the spices i.e., Turmeric, Coriander, Chilli powders, salt and Garam Masala and stir for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add the milk let it just come up to the boil.
- Add chopped tomatoes and mix well, bring it to a boil.
- Lastly, add the prawns and cover the pan and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped fresh coriander and serve.
Warning: Please remember that this dish contains nuts, therefore it is not suitable for people with nut allergy.